wanted to thank you for a wonderful product that you
developed and sold
to me, it has been a God send in keeping track of my
23 Feb 2018 -
- Maintenance release - Build with latest tools.
2 Feb 2018 -
- Fix Date/Period Selection Filter for Reporting Period not
refreshing correctly on some Windows Operating Systems.
26 Jan 2018 -
- Fixed small decimal places calculation error with the Odometer
21 Jan 2018 -
- Re-factored the conversion of data files from old
versions to make it easier and added search option to
search for old data files.
- Fixed a problem with some old Version 2 data files
not converted to new format.
- Update Help file.
- Various other small changes.
Version 3 - 14 Jan 2018 (22.214.171.1249) - First
public release of Rolling Stock Ver. 3 (This is a Paid Upgrade from older versions)
- Rolling Stock version 3 is compatible with
Windows: XP (Service Pack 3), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- Rolling Stock will not run on Virtual Machines, if
there is a requirement to run it on a Virtual Machine
please contact me.
- Rolling Stock will not run on Networks, if
there is a requirement to run it on a Network
please contact me.
- When you run Rolling Stock version 3 for the first
time, it ask you if you want to convert your data from
version 2. If so, then you will be asked to select the
folder that contains your version 2 data files. The files
will be copied to the new data directory and converted to
the version 3 format. Version 3 files are not compatible
with version 2.x, this is a one time conversion.
- Change: The backup function is greatly simplified. Select
Destination, Click Backup. All the Rolling Stock program
files, Data files and all Scanned/Linked Documents under the \Rolling_Stock
folder will be
put into a zip file that includes the current date in the
file name. Rolling Stock will remember the location so
future backups will be just 1 click of the mouse.
- The various windows, Vehicles, Trips, etc., are all
resizable. They are movable within the main program window
and can be selected by clicking on them or by using the
- The Trips window has several new features. If you check
the 'View All Trips' box, all trip data will be loaded into
the lists, making access to previous trips much easier. This
works well with the other new feature, 'Filter Desc'. If you
enter a search term in that entry, then press Tab, the list
will be filtered on only those items that contain the search
term in the Description. The filter is normally case
insensitive but you can check the 'Case Sensitive' box to
change that. Clicking the Clear button will clear the search
term and restore the lists to all the items. The search
feature in the Vehicles window allows for filtering on
vendor and/or description in lists where those fields exist.
- Increased size of gallons entry to take values >=1000.
- New button: "SendTo" has been added to all the
Browses/Lists. This allows you to send it to Printer, File,
FTP, E-Mail or Clipboard as PDF, HTML, Word (MS Word Needs
to be Installed), Excel (MS Excel Needs to be Installed),
Excel (XML Excel Does Not Need to be Installed), CSV or XML.
- New button: "Maps" has been added to the main screen that
allows you to search for a address via Google Maps from
inside your program.
- New button: "Graphs" has been added to the main screen
that allows you to see MPG Graphs with different options.
- New Option: "Fonts" has been added to allow the user to
select a different font and size.
- New Option: All Browses, Right Click on any header and
you can hide or move columns around, there is also a option
to Reset it.
- New Option: "Check For Updates" has been added to
your "File" menu item. If you click on this the program will
check if a new version is available and if a new version is
available it will ask you if you want to update to the new
version, download it and start the installation. You can
also setup your program in the Global Options to
automatically check for updates if you start your program
once a day.
If you have this tick on you will always be notified of
new versions if available and keep your program updated.
- New button: "Show on Map" added to Vendor screen, if you
have put in the complete street address it will show you the
location on the map.
- New button: Docs button on the Relevant screens,
this will allow you to scan documents/photos and any other
documents and directly linked to the
specific item and save it on you machine.
- New button: Appointment Scheduler. You can now also keep
track of appointments or any other time/event your need to
keep track of.
- New Option: "Use in Hours" added to the Vehicles
Details screen. This allows the system to treat all entries
for this vehicle as Hours instead of Odometer meter values.
- Change: Odometer and Hour readings has been changed
to accommodate 2 decimal points for more accuracy.
- Change: Font Type changed to Segoe UI and Font Size
increased to 10 to provide better readability.
- New Report Previewer with more options and flexibility.
You can export the report to different formats as well
as e-mail the report in different formats from the
- New Program Registration System.
- New Payment System Provider - PayFast.
- Other minor changes and bug fixes.
- Most other features of Rolling Stock are unchanged
as of now from version 2.
in version 2.8
- Added column sorting for vehicle reminders.
- Added combined trip option for multiple trip report.
- Added link to the What's New page on the web site.
- Added link to the home page on the web site.
- Added cost per day to report lodging total lines.
- Increased size of gallons entry to take values
- Added optional sample data to the installation.
in version 2.7
- Improved scrollbar behavior.
- Add non-driving fuel use accounting.
- Add partial fuel fill accounting.
- Add menu item to reset window sizes and positions.
in version 2.6
- Add option to ignore reminders for sold vehicles.
- Replace backup and restore functions with integrated
- Reduce flicker in vehicle browse and speed loading.
- Save selected tab with open windows and restore.
- Make today the default date for transaction copy.
- Other minor changes and bug fixes.
in version 2.5
- Cost per day on trip transaction list boxes and
- Sale date and price on vehicle data and use for cost
- Cut/copy/paste buttons for vehicle Reminders.
- Data export capability.
- Optional lookup for standard vendors for vehicle
- Numerous other minor changes and bug fixes.